Hardened Steel or Ruby Nozzle required to print this filament
Strong Industrial Filament With Specific Properties
Clariant developed this 3D printer filament while testing a number of candidate materials for an industrial customer. The customer desired a very strong and tough (not brittle) material that printed with many common 3D printers and would not regularly require drying.
- Semi-crystalline thermoplastic polyester
- Easy to print
- No odour during printing
Very high tensile strength (70 MPa 3D printed in XZ direction)
- High impact strength
- Reduced thermo-oxidative degradation
- Minimized undesired yellowing due to ultraviolet light
Subject to detailed product specifications.
- Manufacturing aids (jigs and fixtures) for industries such as automotive, aerospace, consumer goods, electrical & electronics, packaging and more
- Functional parts requiring strength and toughness
- Fluorescent Orange
Clariant's high impact modified 10% glass fiber reinforced polylactic acid (PLA-HI-GF10) 3D printer filament proved to be the best material for this industrial customer and is now offered as an exceptional material for the production of manufacturing aids and functional parts that require high strength and toughness. Clariant Hostanox® P-EPQ® and Hostavin® ARO 8 are added to PLA-HI-GF10 to improve the heat stability and resistance to thermo-oxidative degradation and yellowing of the material during printing and usage.