* Only Available within Canada *
You do not need this kit to participate and volunteer.
This kit is for those who don't already have filament or cannot afford filament but still have printers they want to use to participate. Please be mindful that we do have a limited supply, so we should reserve these kits for those who cannot afford to participate without the added support. If you use your own filament, just request a free shipping label from us here
once your batch is complete.
If you already have plenty of filament at home use this link to order and print a return label:
What you get when you order this bundle:
- 3 spools of assorted PLA filament or one 2.5kg spool (enough for about 120 shields)
- A strand of TPU filament to Test Tolerance
- PETG sheet (for test fitting)
- A return label will be electronically sent to you once you have finished printing
What is expected of you:
How to get refunded:
- Send in at least 90 Visors (Since V2.2, the bottom pieces are not needed)
- Print Files: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4243742 (Make sure to print V2.2)
- Pack the shields and request a the return label
- We will send you an electronic label to print and stick on the box
- Secure the box with some tape
- Drop it off at your local Canada Post mail box or counter. No payment needed!
- Get refunded as soon as we receive your face shield batch. Note that we will allow the boxes to sit untouched for a couple days to let any potential virus die on the surface.
Donors and Support Acknowledgement:
- Shop3D.ca is paying for shipping, return shipping, materials, printing and logistical support out of pocket for this initiative.
- Any donated kits are printed by the crowd-sourced community and volunteers
- Mayku has donated an amount of PETg sheets for this initiative
- Utlimaker has provided printing material for this initiative
- Please visit our donor page to where all the support is coming from! (coming soon)
Our intention for these face masks is to provide community support to fellow Canadians in the most dire need. We are operating under the assumption that this may not be the best way but slightly better than going through the most desperate times without having any PPE at all.
We do not recommend this for high risk medical procedures and should not be a substitute for proper medical PPE. Please consider deploying this only for low risk situations.
Shop3D is not after any financial gain and if you choose to use the product, we are not providing any guarantees on the product function. Buyers agree to release Shop3D and all crowd-sourced members and donors of all liabilities. If this arrangement does not suit you, please do not order any shields.