* Pre-order Only. ETA ~2 weeks, end of Dec *
We’ve spent thousands of hours developing Cura profiles to suit our materials, so you can reliably print with optimized print quality. It means that when you’re ready to go, all you need to do is click print – and everything works seamlessly.
Ultimaker Breakaway Material
Ultimaker Breakaway is a support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. Breakaway support is quick to remove and does not need further post-processing for a smooth finish on your 3D print. Designed for a hassle-free 3D printing experience, Breakaway provides good adhesion to ABS, PLA, Nylon, CPE, or CPE+.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker Breakaway
- No sanding or waiting for your support material to dissolve. Simply print and break it away
- Ensures a smooth surface finish on your model
- Great results when combined with ABS, PLA, Nylon, CPE, or CPE+
- Long shelf life and less moisture sensitive compared to water-soluble support material, such as PVA
- Ideal for use with build materials that are sensitive to water
Removing Breakaway Support
Remove the majority of the inner support structure with a cutting plier.
Grab and peel the Breakaway support from the build material.
Remove the last traces with pliers or a tweezer.
Advantages of using Breakaway
Design freedom with more materials
Breakaway is compatible with ABS, PLA, Nylon, CPE, and CPE+, so it’s ideal for prototyping in the material you want.
Learn more about functional prototypes
Time and cost effective
Quicker to remove and more affordable than other support materials, Breakaway is also easy to store so stays usable for longer.
Learn more about tools, jigs and fixtures
Leaves behind a smooth finish
Breakaway material has been developed to give reliable adhesion to your build material but peel away for a smooth finish.
*Always check with compatibility matrix for best results. Found Here.
*Breakaway spools come in 750g
*More detailed notes to come