Biocompatible Photopolymer Resin for the Form 2 / Form 3B
BioMed Amber Resin is designed for the manufacture of biocompatible 3D printed parts with high dimensional accuracy, stiffness, and strength. This material is developed specifically for Formlabs printers, rigorously tested, and manufactured in a clean room at our own ISO 13485 certified facility for consistent cross-batch quality. The parts printed with BioMed Amber Resin are compatible with common solvent disinfection and sterilization methods.f
Instructions for Use
| Technical Data Sheet
- Ultimate Tensile Strength: 73 MPa - 11 ksi
- Young’s Modulus: 2.9 GPa - 420 ksi
- Elongation: 12.3%
- Flexural Strength: 103 MPa - 15 ksi
- Flexural Modulus 2.5 GPa - 363 ksi
- Hardness Properties: Hardness Shore 67D
- Supports Print Resolutions: 100 and 50 microns (Form 2), 100 microns (Form 3B)
- 1 Litre of Formlabs BioMed Amber Resin (OEM)
Post-processing (Wash and Cure Cycles) - Check the instruction PDF above for more information
- Wash for 20 minutes in Form Wash
- Air dry at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
- Inspect part to ensure it is clean and dry with no residual resin, IPA, or particles on the surfaces
- If printed on Form 2: Cure for 30 minutes at 60 celsius
- If printed on Form 3B: Cure for 30 minutes at 70 celsius
- Chemical Disinfection - 70% Isopropyl Alcohol for 5 minutes
- Steam Sterilization: Autoclave at 134 °C for 20 minutes or Autoclave at 121 °C for 30 minutes
BioMed Amber Resin is a stiff, functionally strong medical grade material for parts that require short-term skin and mucosal membrane contact. This material is suitable for manufacturing strong and rigid parts such as functioning threads.
BioMed Resins from Formlabs are biocompatible, ISO 13485 compliant, medical-grade materials developed for healthcare professionals globally. These medical materials can be used for applications that require patient skin and mucosal membrane contact.
BioMed Amber Sterilization Results
Tested by Formlabs — All samples were printed on Form 3B SLA printers equipped with clean Build Platforms, Form 3 Resin Tanks and Biomed Amber Resin v1 cartridges. Part orientations and placement were kept constant for all samples.
BioMed Amber Resin was tested at NAMSA World Headquarters, OH, USA.